The Best Ripple Wallet Apps for Kiwis Investing in XRP in 2020
What is 2020’s Best Ripple Wallet App?
Ripple Coin (XRP) is a cryptocurrency which many crypto investors love to hate. As an enterprise-ready blockchain serving banks like Westpac and ANZ, some argue that Ripple is the ultimate antithesis of Bitcoin. However, the XRP price has been following a steady trajectory upward for several years. As a result, XRP can be found in even Bitcoin maximalists investment portfolios. The only question is, what Ripple wallet apps should you be using to store XRP?
Coinomi – The Best Ripple Wallet App for Multi-Currency Support
Up until 2018, it was challenging to find multi-currency cryptocurrency app wallets which supported Ripple Coin. Active Ripple wallets need to have a minimum balance of 20 XRP at all times. This represented a challenge to multi-currency wallet app developers.
Rising quickly to meet the XRP minimum deposit challenge, Coinomi was one of the first multi-currency app wallets to roll out support for Ripple. Since this time, Coinomi is has added further features which make Coinomi one of the best multi-currency Ripple wallet apps available in terms of security and ease of use.
- Coinomi stores private keys for all coins in an encrypted folder in app wallets themselves. (This means that coin private keys cannot be compromised by an attack on Coinomi’s servers)
- As of 2020, Coinomi is available as an Android, iOS, and desktop wallet app, which supports Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Coinomi features in-built API support for both Changelly and Shapeshift. As a result, users can exchange Ripple Coin at any time for any one of hundreds of supported altcoins
Atomic – The Best XRP Wallet for Decentralized Atomic Swaps
Atomic is a multi-currency app wallet with many of the same core features as Coinomi. Like with Coinomi, coin private keys are stored on user devices. Atomic is also available on Android, iOS, and Windows, Mac, and Linux desktops.
Where Atomic differs from Coinomi, concerns how Ripple can be exchanged for other assets.
Like with Coinomi, Atomic wallet users can exchange XRP and other supported coins using Shapeshift and Changelly. However, both exchanges recently rolled out strict user identity verification requirements. For this reason, Atomic also allows users to exchange supported coins via decentralized atomic swaps.
- When exchanging XRP for other assets using atomic swaps, users do not need to verify their identity
- Atomic swaps result in zero fees when trading supported assets
- Unlike with instant exchanges like Shapeshift, atomic swaps are non-custodial. (Coin balances cannot be confiscated or frozen by a third party)
CoinPayments – The Best XRP Wallet App for Online Payments
Both Coinomi and Atomic are excellent Ripple app wallet choices in terms of coin security. However, either make it easy to do anything more than store XRP. By comparison, CoinPayments is an XRP and multi-currency app wallet, which allows users to store and spend Ripple Coin just like fiat cash.
With the CoinPayments app wallet, users can buy goods online, in person in real retail stores, and even withdraw XRP balances to local bank accounts. The only drawback is that all CoinPayments transactions incur a fee of 0.5% per purchase.
To learn more about Ripple XRP, click here.
Get the latest updates on your email
As of 2021, there are over 8,000 cryptocurrencies being actively traded in blockchains around the…
Table of Contents Best Bitcoin Wallets in New Zealand for 2021 Trezor: Best Bitcoin hardware…
Table of Contents Selling Bitcoin in New Zealand? How do I cash out Bitcoin in…