How to Set Up Trezor Crypto Wallet
One of the most important elements that a crypto user should consider is where they are going to store their tokens, especially knowing how dangerous it is to store coins in service with little credibility or in large exchange companies (which are the target of many hackers every year). However, online wallet/app services are not the only options, since there are different types of hardware wallets that absolutely no one other than the owner can access, such as the Trezor Wallet. In this opportunity, we will learn how to set up Trezor wallet devices and successfully secure your cryptocurrencies.
It should be noted that acquiring a hardware wallet implies a commitment to yourself to take care of it and not lose your private keys since it would also result in the loss of all the cryptocurrencies that were saved. Even if you lose the device, you can still recover your tokens back if you have the keys.
What are the Trezor Wallet Features?
Hardware Wallets were designed to raise the level of security when storing cryptocurrencies, so Trezor devices work through what we know as “Cold Storage”. This means that the wallet does not work connected to the Internet or to any particular blockchain, although in order to sign transactions it must be connected to another device with an Internet connection, such as your computer.
The Trezor Wallet is very comfortable in its design and has a certain intuitive interface, which helps novice users when configuring its functions and carrying out transactions.
Trezor hit the market in 2014 and quickly gained popularity for its convenient security system, becoming one of the best hardware wallets in the crypto world.
Among the functionalities of the Trezor wallet we can find:
- Integrated wallet for hundreds of cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, DASH, ZCash and ERC-20 tokens (Ethereum, ETH Classic, EOS, USDT, NEO and more) ideal for medium-long-term investors who want to protect their crypto bags over time.
- Trezor allows you to encrypt passwords through the modern password manager app available on the device. These passwords can also be synced with your private cloud for greater security.
- Trezor Wallet owners can enjoy Secure Admin SSH Access to protect private access to servers, data, other devices or active sessions on any website.
- Integrated 2FA functionality to confirm access and protect online sessions. User users will receive a code to their private devices to verify their login attempt.
- Through Trezor Connect, users can quickly log in without entering passwords. Accessing the device’s functions would only require a couple of clicks.
- You can sync your Trezor hardware wallet with other wallet services and third parties to explore new integrations and take the device to 100% of its capacity.
Now that we know what kind of features the Trezor device has, we have to learn how to set up a Trezor wallet.
How to Set Up Trezor Wallet?
Setting up your Trezor crypto wallet is a simple process that only takes a few minutes. We break down the steps for you below.
Setting up your Trezor Crypto Wallet:
- Connect & configure your Trezor
The first step is to turn on your Trezor device and configure it by connecting it to your computer. Make sure you have a stable internet connection, then access Trezor’s official website to download the Trezor software.
- Download the Trezor Bridge
The Trezor Bridge is a program that will serve as your interface with the device. Choose the Trezor Model that you own and proceed with the download.
- Install the Trezor Firmware
Check the firmware on your device and update to the latest one if necessary. Make sure to check that the firmware is signed by SatoshiLabs.
- Create New Wallet
If this is your first time using the Trezor device, proceed to create a new wallet and back up your private keys that we mentioned earlier. Afterwards, you can then create a security PIN with a maximum of 9 digits for you to use whenever you want to access your device.
And that’s it! You’ve set up your Trezor device for storing and securing your digital crypto assets. The configuration of the Trezor devices can be completed in approximately 15 minutes without further inconvenience and then you are ready to send or receive cryptocurrencies. The send, receive, transactions, signature, and verification tabs appear at the top of the computer screen. Now that you know how to set up a Trezor Wallet, let’s see where you can buy a Trezor device.
How to buy a Trezor Wallet?
You can buy a Trezor device from the company’s official store or on third-party platforms (like ), depending on your location and the payment method. Although you may be used to other virtual stores, the official Trezor platform has the best prices for its hardware wallet models and it also has delivery systems.
To buy a Trezor hardware wallet, you must choose between the available models, a decision that will depend entirely on your tastes. The official Trezor store has different packages available and designs for the user’s preference. The average price of these devices ranges between 100 and 150 EUR, which you can pay with a debit/credit card or Bitcoin.
Trezor wallet cons and pros
- It is the safest method of storing cryptocurrencies and will remain so for a long time. Hardware wallets like Trezor were specifically designed to function only under user control and keep assets out of the reach of hackers.
- You can basically save any token you want, as it has support for hundreds of digital assets.
- Perfect size to take it anywhere and store it in places where it can be protected. Although you can get the tokens back if you have the private keys, it is always recommended to avoid losing the device.
- It does not charge fees to perform functions within the wallet system.
- Cold storage.
- It does not offer an interest earning system like some wallet services
- If you lose the private keys, you lose all the tokens that you have saved on the device.
- Its price can be considered a bit high.
The choice on how to save cryptocurrencies ends up being up to the user, although it is always better to make a small investment and ensure the protection of your assets for a long period of time.
As we prefaced above, securing your digital crypto assets is an important step to investing in cryptocurrency. Hardware wallets are hard to beat in terms of safety, security, and ease of use.
If you’re interested in getting a Trezor crypto hardware wallet, shop the collection from our products page. And for more information, insights, and the latest news on cryptocurrencies explore our topics at Easy Crypto.